Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

A Prayer for Difficult Times



Lord, when I hope in Your work, the weariness and sorrow that come from disappointment vanish like smoke in the wind. Keep me from deceitful ways and help me always to make the difficult choice for the truth, keeping my heart set on Your ways, hoping in Your word. Your way for me is the way of love, and this increases my hope in You, which does not disappoint. Your love poured into my heart by the Holy Spirit protects me from all disappointment by giving me the power to bounce back from every failure of my expectations of myself or of others, so to bounce back from every discouragement arising from lost opportunities or anything else that would threaten the joy of my hope in You. When I fail, I will not lose heart. Help me to make an act of humility, so that the joy of bouncing back—beginning again–will set me out once more on the path of Your way for me, confident and joyful, trampling down all traces of disappointment with the joy of being loved by You. Amen.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
Matthew 18:20





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments and suggestions. Extra information about the articles is also welcome.